Stripe

Thursday, October 11, 2007

How it all began...

Nate and I met, dated, and then were married 9 and 1/2 months later. Okay, maybe it was a little more involved than that but who cares about the details. Well I do...so here ya go. Nate and I were both down in Las Vegas for the BYU Bowl game over Christmas this past year. He was there with his band of brothers and I as an employee. As I was riding the bus home from the strip with a few friends I received a text message, yes text message, from another player wanting to set me up with his good friend "Hutch". I was a little skeptical but consented to a date. I asked David Nixon who was on the bus with me what he thought about this "Hutch" character and the following was this response. "Is he funny? Yes. Do I think he is your future husband...probably not." After that I was worried what I had just gotten myself into. So the text messages continued and continued and continued. Things were said such as...Hutch is my best friend, he'll treat you so good, you'll have cute babies, etc. I was a little confused as to why this particular person was saying such things, but didn't think too much of it because afterall this was BYU. So after the weekend at the Bowl Game, still without a meeting, we went home for the holidays. Upon the Monday of returning to school the phone rang and "Hutch" or Nate was on the other end asking to go out Wednesday. So Wednesday came and went, Goodwood BBQ was great and the rest is history. Only there was still one bit of information that I had missed. Those text messages I referred to earlier didn't come from Hutch's friend, but Hutch/ Nate himself. He had initiated the contact and then continued to set himself up using his buddy's phone. It all began to make sense... great guy, cute kids. No wonder I was getting these texts that made Nate look like the bachelor I had always dreamed of. Well it turns out he really was and is. After that first date, we went out again on Saturday and have spent everyday together since with a few hickups and one proposal in between.

1 comment:

Hutchinson's said...

Linley...your blog page is so great. You have offically inspired me to start one. Love you lots,
Love,
Kristen