Stripe

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wedding Bells

Well, September 28Th came and went too fast. It almost was like it didn't happen (don't tell Debbie). I awoke that Friday morning to the light sound of rain. Just in case anyone forgot...rain and weddings don't mix, especially when the reception is outside! My phone was ringing off the hook that morning with people on the other end reassuring me that it would dry up and everything would be great! I didn't care...I was getting married! Nate and I were married at 3pm, took a few pictures at the temple and then jetted off to the reception. (FYI- It wasn't the most beautiful sunny California day, but at least the rain had passed.) But, it was absolutely amazing. I couldn't believe that this party was for me...we'll lets be honest...for Tim, Debbie, and myself! But it really was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and "very me". Heather of amorology and family friend had carried an Anthropologie and vintage theme throughout and I loved every inch of it! The sister dresses were mustard yellow and black and the bridesmaid outfits were black dresses of their choice. It all looked perfect together. The boys were all in tuxes, even little Andrew and Ryan (nephews). Andrew loved his tux so much that the night before we had to try it on and watch him dance and sing with spatula in hand! It was pretty fun to watch. And then the linens...they were plum with accents of mustard and moss green...it really was so creative! I wish I could go back and see it all again, because I am sure there are millions of details that I completely missed. Good thing for photographers! The night was perfect and even better...dry! After being in my dress for six hours, it became harder and harder to breath. Who knew dress fittings weren't enough to really see if your dress was comfortable or breathable for that matter?! There were occasional bathroom breaks where I would grab the nearest girlfriend and have her go to the bathroom with me to undo my dress for a moment of oxygen and deep breaths. As 8:30 came I was ready to get out of that dress...not for that reason...sickos, but for the sole reason of being able to breathe! So we wrapped it up with the bouquet and garter toss and the final dance to "My Wish" dedicated by Nate's mom. We were finally sent off with sparklers, one last kiss for the photographer and the night was over...

2 comments:

McKell and John said...

Oh Lin, I wish I could have been there, but believe me, I was the FIRST person on Jamie's website to see the pictures and it was stunning. It was so you and so anthropologie/vintage. They nailed it. I died for your dress and your bouquet should go down in the books!! Hope you are having fun being married at BYU. Good times. I miss it!

Chelsea said...

Congratulations Lin... I wish I could have been there. The pictures ive seen are amazing, you looked beautiful!