Stripe

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Oh, The Joys of Teaching...

Many of you talk about the joys of motherhood...what's that? Even though I don't have children of my own (yet), I now have 32 adopted sixth graders for the next month and a half to keep me plenty occupied and you entirely entertained. Oh, the joys of teaching. I started student teaching yesterday and already on the second day...we have a sub. What learning goes on when students have a subtitute you might ask...absolutely none. It is coloring assignment after coloring assignment. So moms, when your kids ask to stay home from school due to a substitute, let them, because a trip to the grocery store just might teach them more. Funny story #1- As a student teacher, you have many important responsibilities, which include: copying, errand running, paper correcting, oh and an occasional lesson teaching. As I was returned to the class from my copying duties, a boy blurted out, "Jake was checking you out!" The whole class laughed and waited for a response. Not knowing what to do, I continued to walk and then finally decided to play along. As I turned around the boy who "checked me out" asked if I was married. I shook my "bling" in his face and told him that I was taken. I was so proud, but then realized I was talking to an 11-year-old. Dang it. After a few laughs were exchanged, he mumbled under his breath, "Will you get a divorce?" Oh, the joys of teaching.

8 comments:

shannon said...

Hilarious! What a cute class. It sounds like they'll keep you on your toes! You'll be a great teacher! Good luck!

Halvos said...

Get used to it Linley--You're a hottie! :) Those kids are never going to want to MISS class now! Maybe 'Mr. Hutchinson' needs to make a class visit to set some little punks straight. lol...great story!

McKell and John said...

HIlarioius!! I'm sure they'll be plenty more of that...and wait till the DADS see you!

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

I'm sure you don't remember me, but I knew you back in the day. I cannot believe you are old enough to be married and teaching! Is this your first year? I graduated in El Ed, but never got to teach...

Amanda Jones said...

oh yes the joys of practicum! gotta love those older kids. It sounds like you have alot of the same "jobs" as I do for my teacher. I hope everything is is going well!

Crystal said...

Linley! I miss you! If you guys go to St. George you HAVE to stop by and see me!

Crystal said...

We'll be here in Cedar City for Christmas, so I hope you come see us!

Crystal

Crystal said...

Tanner and Heidi are spending Christmas with us, so we'll definitely have to get together!

Crystal