Stripe

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cruisin' Part II

Sorry for the long delay...I pretend like you are all just waiting by the computer to hear how our cruise went. I'll pretend...The wait is over! Once we got on the ship we left Florida bound for Princess Cay, a private island in which the cruise line owns. It took a full night to get there and we awoke to crystal blue/aqua water and the whitest sand beach you have ever seen. It was probably the prettiest thing I have ever seen. I have been to Cancun and the Caribbean before but nothing was as crystal clean and beautiful as this beach. They had a water taxi waiting for us to take us ashore. I insisted that Nate and I be one of the first ones of the ship because I didn't want to miss anything. I guess Tim wore off on me a little. Nate and I found our spot and for the next 7 hours baked in the sun...well I baked, Nate really just kind of burnt with an occasional white spot on his body where I actually applied sunscreen. Sorry babe. My bad! They had a luau set up for lunch, which we were excited about because it meant that it was FREE. We loved that aspect of the cruise. Even though it really wasn't free, we made ourselves believe it was exactly that! You gotta do what you gotta do. One thing I learned about myself on this trip is that I am much more of a penny pincher when the dough is coming out of my pocket. I have only been on vacations with my parents before this and I was always suggested the nicest restaurants here and there and begging that I "needed" this trinket from this shop and that shop. Ask me what I brought home from my travels this time...a fifty cent bracelet and a bag for my sister-in-law. Dang it! Oh well, it is good for me, right? After Princess Cay we had a day at see and were off to Puerto Rico and El Morro. El Morro was a fortress that was built in the 1500's to protect the "gateway to the Caribbean (Puerto Rico)". See I listened! I have been known to be somewhat of a party pooper when it comes to landmarks, ruins, etc. El Morro was definitely the highlight of Puerto Rico. Not much else to see. Then as we slept we cruised to St. Thomas! Can you say beautiful? It was so much fun. We went to Megan's Bay which was voted one of the top ten beaches by National Geographic. It was pretty amazing. There was shopping, shopping, shopping, and beaching. They say St. Thomas is the place for bargaining, but we didn't find such luck. There was every fake designer bag imaginable and unfortunately they were sticklers to their price. $80...too rich for my blood. Then we were off to Nassau where Oprah's favorite hotel is. The Atlantis! It would have been amazing if you could get in, but everything cost a price...too rich for our blood. That was a common theme. It was a site to see though. They say that hotel owns 75% of the island and cost billions. Our source was a rasta man on our water taxi so take it for what's it worth. We were so sad to have our trip come to an end, but as my mom would say....back to reality. I can't believe I forgot to tell you the most dramatic part of the trip! When we first go aboard, we met up with Nate and Keshia and then went to check out their room. Not knowing what to expect, we walked in and saw a huge king size bed and a beautiful view of the blue water. After seeing that, I couldn't wait to get to ours. Da da duh....We walked in and what do we see...two twins. Does honeymoon ring a bell? Nate immeidately called the front desk to inform them of our "situation" and they had little sympathy. They said that all the beds were twins and they just pushed them together...ok? But as we returned from dinner that night our beds were in deed pushed together with a kig sheet set on top. It did the job and it worked for us! The end. I'll be posting pictures asap. Love ya all!

1 comment:

Halvos said...

FINALLY!! I really was waiting at the edge of my seat--and I still can't wait to see more pictures! And we are SUPER excited to see you this weekend. Savannah has been bouncing around the house saying, "ninny & NATE...ninny and Nate!" We'll see you tomorrow night!! WOO HOO! Love you! Lori