Stripe

Friday, May 2, 2008

Nanny Diaries

Mother of two, even before I am a mother of one...Sheree and John finally took their first "real" vacation as a married couple (wedding date = 12/28/2002) to Cabo San Lucas. Being the generous and amazing aunt and sister that I am...I flew out here to watch the kiddos. It is day three and so far so good. Andrew really only misses his Mom when I do something wrong like on day one when I took him to school an hour early! OOPS. Better early than late, right?! Or when I keep the crust on his sandwiches, dress him in "weird" clothes, and drive the WRONG way. For a four year old, he sure knows his way around Katy, Texas. But other than those small mishaps, we are doing great. Sheree really does a great job with Andrew and Eva, so it was easy to take over for the week. Sheree warned me about Eva la diva, but she really has been great for me. She loves talking on the phone and sometimes melts down when she doesn't get the opportunity to do so...so if you get a phone call and the other end says "hi, hewoo, buh bye, wuv you, mama and dada woosh (that means airplane)....it's Eva girl getting her way! My favorite part about playing Sheree for the week is after Andrew goes potty (#2), he yells from the bathroom, WINWEE...I'M DONE! Then I walk into the restroom and he grabs his ankles so that I can wipe and we can both go on with our day. Ok, maybe it isn't my favorite part, but it is definitely the most amusing! HA. After I wiped the first time, it made me think...who wipes Andrew's bum when he is at preschool, so I asked...This was his response, "my teacher wipes my bum, but she wears gloves so she doesn't get the nasty poop on her!" HAHA. That gave me a laugh because he just said it so matter of fact. It has been so much fun and I can't to wait to have babies of my own...but let's hope I just start out with one! I'll keep you updated, but until then....wish me luck!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Um, is that an announcement?

Cassidy Legg said...

Hey! I cant believe I found you guys on here. I wish you guys lived closer so we could hang out more. I hope everything is going well :)

Halvos said...

Oh Linley--you ARE the best Aunt ever! I'm glad you are having a good time over there. Can't wait till you come visit us too! Good luck with everything--feel free to have Eva la diva call me anytime!

Dani said...

You are the best writer I love reading your stories! Can't wait til you are a little mom...you will be so cute. Ok, so about Lake Powell we are going back and forth about Triston and finding a babysitter for him. I am all for finding a sitter but Quinn really doesn't want to leave him behind. So we will see! When do you get back, I feel like it has been forever since we have seen you guys! Call me when you get back. Have fun with the kiddos!

r+s+a laney said...

You are so talented at writing stories. You should write a book haha seriously. About the softball...I guess my friend who I thought set up a team was invited from girls in her ward. Where do you guys live now? Not far anymore right?