Stripe

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Endometriosis

Drama. Drama. Drama. Lots of you know that I recently had surgery last Tuesday to confirm or rule out endometriosis. And the verdict is- Stage 3 Endometriosis. A 45 minute surgery turned into four hours, a tennis ball size cyst, five incisions, and lots of endometriosis all over the place! Fun huh?! The recovery was not enjoyable and made me realize just how much you use your stomach muscles for EVERYTHING. I couldn't do anything by myself. Not fun. I am back at work, but slow and tired. And my left incision (where the tennis ball was) is still super tender. I went back to the doctor yesterday and he said that all incisions looked great and that the next step was hormone injections. He wasn't able to get all the Endometriosis out during surgery, so now the attack plan is Menopause...yep, I am basically going to be a 55 year old woman for the next six months. Because Endometriosis is aggravated and increased during menstrual cycles, he wants to stop them. I take Lupron injections once a month for the next six months. Crazy! The doctor said to expect mood swings, hot flashes, and major hormonal imbalance. Ha. Sign me up! My nurse had to go on Lupron as well and she said it was the worst six months of her life and she shared that if I am married after this, that my husband will be able to love me through everything from there on out. Ha. It is kind of bitter sweet right now because I know the prognosis which is great, but it is going to be a long battle. Hopefully 2012 is our year! :) Here is my disclaimer for the next six months...if I am rude, annoying, angry, quiet, reclusive, dramatic, emotional, crazy, etc...I apologize now!! It isn't my fault...I love you all!! Thank you for all the texts, calls, messages, etc. I felt very loved and cared for. Thanks Nate and Heather for taking such good care of me! Muah!

10 comments:

Debbie Halverson said...

You didn't tell me all the mood swings you have to look forward too! Continue to be brave! We all love you and are praying for you constantly!

Whitney and Chris said...

Oh my gosh Linley, I had no idea all this was going on until just yesterday. I am so sorry! Surgery is totally the pits but I'm so glad that you are on the mend. I know all about the Lupron! I was on it for the six months that I had my chemo treatments. I was told to expect everything that you listed but can happily say that it really wasn't as bad as I thought... I promise! True, I was a bit more of a psycho path, but not too bad! The hot flashes are a little rough but definitely manageable. My doc gave me some other meds to take that helped with the hot flashes. I can't remember what they are called but you should ask about them. Really, don't be too nervous! It's not that bad! And... I'm pretty much going through menopause again right now too se we can be 55 year old women together!! Good luck with everything! It will totally be worth it!! Call me if you need to hot flash with someone who understands! :)

Chelsea said...

Lin- all of that sounds horrible, I'm so sorry! Good luck, I know everything will work out.

Heather Hutch said...

I will be happy to help take care of you, watch movies/law and order with you, feed your little family, and let you be a hormonal mess! You're in my prayers and I think this is going to be really good! Baby Hutchinson will be here in 2012 (just in time for the summer olympics) :) LOVE YOU LIN!

Crystal said...

Hooray! I'm so happy they found a bunch of endometri/an/al/ish (don't know what to call it) stuff in you! My cousin had the same problem and it took them so long to figure it out, but now she has three kids (uh, triplets, actually...don't be worried). 2010 is your year, I just know it!

shannon said...

yay!!! hooray for dr. jacob!! I am sooooo glad you went and saw him! hang in there!!! xoxo

The Nixon Family said...

love you! TONS!

Ashlee said...

Girl, you will be able to take anything after this. Your kids are soo lucky. Because even when they're crazy (they will be) you'll love them to pieces because you WORKED SO HARD to get them here.

I love you!!!!

McKell and John said...

You are such a trooper!! Just go with the flow and know that a little bambino is at the end of this tunnel! I looooove you!!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh linley!!!!!!!! we will definitely be keeping you in our prayers! good luck for the next few months...it will be worth it! right?!?! :-) love you!