Stripe

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Latest



Nate and I have officially entered into the cycling world! Nate found great deals online, but the bikes didn't come assembled, so we had to take them to the local Trek shop. While there, we started talking to the employees and quickly found out that we only had 1/2 of the gear we needed to be "successful" on the bike. To say the least, after a lot of persuasion on their part and constant begging for a deal on our part, we walked out of the door, X amount dollars poorer and only a free freakin' water bottle! There were no deals with this purchase apparently! Dang it. Oh well. So far Nate and I have been on two bike rides and we love it! It is great for Nate's knee so hopefully we'll see improvements there! Even though we think we are pros now, it didn't start out smooth...When Nate went to pick up the bikes he noticed that his bike didn't have a "kick stand" and asked the guy if that was a problem. Needless to say, he started laughing at Nate and knew he was a rookie. Nate tried to play it off of course and said something to help his ego. My dad loved that story! For any of you who don't bike...no road bikes come with kick stands...they are usually hung when they're not being used! HA. Loved that! Then when we came home...got all our gear on, including our click in shoes and went for a ride. Accept, the ride didn't happen right away because we couldn't get our shoes into the pedals! I was laughing so hard and kept looking around the neighborhood to make sure no one was looking! After five minutes I opted out to help Nate and finally got him clicked in. He road around the neighborhood once or twice to get a feel for it and then came cruising up the drive way and onto the grass. He tried to click out but couldn't, so the minute he got to the grass, I had to run over to him so he wouldn't fall while he was thrashing his feet! He is a heavy kid and muscles seem to not work when you are laughing hysterically but I seemed to manage and we finally got him out and onto safe ground! I had a similar experience, but we'll save that one for later!! Here is a picture of our bikes and the one free thing we got out of our major purchase...freakin' water bottles!

2 comments:

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

I am so glad you posted this funny story. I have been laughing so hard. I think the last bike Nate had was our paper route bikes (the route that we lost money on). Nates newspaper bag got caught in the front tire and flipped him right off the bike. Ha ha good times. Has he taken his bike to Provo yet?

. said...

Hey Lin! Look at you! That is awesome that you got mountain bikes to ride, those things are hard. That sounds like alot of fun. So, I was thinking about you and how much I miss you. This whole never seeing each other thing really sucks. I wanna see you. I miss you. Can we plan something this month? I love you!