Stripe

Friday, January 23, 2009

Q&A

Funny story. So the other night Nate's family was all together and the topic of the weather came up and his Grandpa asked me how I (San Diego- which he calls me) feel about living in Alpine. Wrong question at the wrong time...Here's a little preface to the story. We have been trying to have a baby for a year...thought I was pregnant because I was "late" and that night at dinner I started what was "late"...so I was already feeling angry, sad, emotional, etc. So when the question was asked, I don't think I stopped talking for five minutes about how terrible the weather is and how much I hate snow and cold. I went into detail about the snow plowing experiences (don't ask), ice scrapping, spills on the ice, and how I fear for my life every time I drive on the roads. I literally almost cried, my voice was shaking and I let it rip. My husband had to stop me because he knew something was up and that normally I wouldn't have that strong of a conviction about weather. HA. Anyways, even though I probably went a little overboard that night and left the family thinking I was psycho and way high maintenance, I really can't wait for the day I get to move home to sunny perfection. And please no one leave a comment saying I am stuck here for life...I married a Utah boy...etc., because I promise it will happen. It may not be tomorrow, it may not be in five years, but it will happen!! :)

4 comments:

The Leggs said...

My sister lives in San Diego and it's been 85 there. She has been sending me pictures of the sunsets on the beach as I am sitting here in the rain and yuck. I don't blame you. San Diego will happen for you :) I love your story! Funny how as girls something as simple as the weather can set us off huh?

cheri said...

Hey ling-ling, I laughed really hard when I read this because Mike and I still have a similar conversation every August or September..only opposite weather :) (AZ Summer/UT Winter). Yep, Every year poor Mike swears we are on a "5 year plan" to get back to California...and who knows, it may happen someday!
Love your blog! love you too!! xoxo ~Aunt Cheri

The Nixon Family said...

love you. hope you make it. i don't think i will. you know how these TEXAS boys are, even worse than UTAH boys. let's just live on a compound in del mar. lets say 24-27th street so it is not so busy. or, we could just live in the cute house with the wood shingles and white pickets fence on the east side of the street. what do you think? maybe one day we can call it home... and keep your head up. we are praying that kennedy or holland will make their way down sooner than later!!!!

Tay said...

Hey Lin. I love you girl. I'm crossing my fingers for you. Part of me wants to start trying for babies right now just because it might take me years to get one... but I also might get one the first try and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. :)... I vote God intervenes and makes us prego at the same time just as our husbands decide to move to California... ya... that's what I want. Please?