Stripe

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Update

My husband has officially graduated with a Master's Degree in Public Administration from the Marriott School of Management! Nate didn't end up walking because he thought the $60 for the cap and gown was a little steep, but went to the ceremony to hear the words of wisdom from the commencement speaker. Then we celebrated at a little pizza place right around the corner from our house with all his family. Thank you everyone for coming and thank you Terry and JeNee for the pizza!! Hopefully I'll be able to get a few pictures from JeNee to put on the blog....I'll keep you posted.

And as for me, I have decided to become a reader...the type of reader that always has a book she is working on! So if you have any great reads, let me know!! So far I have The Time Travelers Wife, Sarah's Quilt (Sequel to These Is My Words), The Memory Keeper's Daughter, and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I'll let ya know how they all are! Work couldn't be better and life is great!

Peace and Love.

9 comments:

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

Congrats Nate! Sorry I couldn't be there. Who would have ever known you would end up with a Masters!:) Linley, I am so glad that you like your new job! No more kids throwing up on you!!

Unknown said...

YAY NATE! what a great accomplishment! Hey Linley, did you get the xmas card I sent over I think it was yesterday to your email? Just checkin. Let me knowsie whoasie

Ty and Kenz said...

Nate I am so proud of you!! Sorry I couldn't make it. All the best.

Crystal said...

I just LOVE you Linley!

Whitney and Chris said...

Way to go Nate dog! Weave and I are still on the ten year plan for school, but maybe someday we'll be as smart as you with a Master's degree! Congrats!!

Linley... I have only read the Memory Keeper's Daughter, but I really like it! I haven't read anything great lately so I'm anxious to hear which ones you like. Keep us all posted so we can read them too! I am most definitely a reader! Oh... I have read a bunch of Jodi Picoult's books. I liked most of them. They always seem to have a twist at the end.

Kamille said...

I read the Potato Peel Society one, its SOOOO good i loved it :)

Hutchinson's said...

I'd read something enlightening. I've got a few classics you may enjoy. Love you. You should replace John Potter as the Postmaster General since you are posting so much on this blog. Getting it done my pretty little lady.

Quinn & Dani Gooch said...

Yay for Nate graduating! You guys are living the dream right now and we wish we were there to celebrate with you guys!! You need to join Good Reads...then you can see what your friends have read and are reading and it helps you find new books to read. I just joined so we could be Good Read friends. ;) MISSING YOU!!! Love you, come to TX!!

Ashlee said...

I also loved The Glass Castle. Just to throw it out there...

Congratulations to Nate!