Stripe

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Resting time post #1..."

For those of you that don't know my fat trash was in a car accident about a month ago. I don't remember any of the accident but apparently someone ran a red light (us) or the ten passenger van that hit us in Dallas. My uncle John was driving and I was in the passenger seat of this car and was lucky that we weren't two feet farther into the intersection or it would have been what the Chileans call muerte (death) for me.

We are extremely grateful that the injuries weren't worse. I had my fourth terrible concussion (thanks BYU football and Cason Adams for punching me in the stomach in 8th grade which knocked the wind out of me and I stood up and didn't get enough oxygen to my head and fell to the asphalt like a tree). I started to get a little better after about a week but then the last couple weeks have been getting worse, I get really sharp pains in my head, my hands are tingling and I can't concentrate very well, and I sleep like a little owl at night (that means I don't sleep for those of you who don't watch Jack Hanna). I saw the neurologist yesterday and he says my symptoms are all "textbook and that it could take from 6-12 months to be back to normal, just try and rest". They are going to run a few more tests this week to see if there is any permanent damage. So today is day one of "resting". I pulled a twin mattress in front of the TV and I'm going crazy. This post won't last long because I get pretty dizzy trying to look at the computer but thought that I could at least throw a post or two up here over the next "6-12 months". The only thing that I can read is my scriptures for about 10 minutes a day and then I'm tapped out. Luckily I can watch the History/Discovery Channel and learn about the wonders of our little earth. I'm happy to take visitors (even every single one of my friends that forgot my birthday, Weave is the only one that came up big and remembered). I sent out a mass text to all my chubby friends on April 11 at 12:00 and 4 seconds a.m. that said the following, "A Happy Birthday text wouldn't have hurt anyone." I was so happy that they forgot so that I could send that text. I had it saved in my outbox by like 10:45. They all concurred that they are the worst group of friends in American History considering I never forget thiers. I'm going to get a few books on tape to help pass the time over here so any recommendations would be wonderful. Get ready for my post #2 of "resting time" tomorrow about the Utah Jazz.

7 comments:

Aarean Jergensen said...

at first I thought this was Linley! haha Oh gosh I am so sorry nate...I have never had a head injury...knock on wood...but at least you have a hot wife to take care of you!! Happy Late Bday by the way!

The Nixon Family said...

i'm glad the sheree nixon family pulled through with a voice mail and text message on the big day. i take it i am not black listed! enjoy the resting and do some for me. i am SURE not getting any these days. 2 weeks and counting...

Ty and Kenz said...

Hey fatso look on the bright side, things could be a lot worse, like if you were related the "bird man". Or if the Jazz would have gotten knocked out in five, oh wait.....
Love Ya

Hutchinson's said...

Hey big man...think of where your life would be had I not met you in little ole Chile? No wife...no BYU...no happiness...etc. Call Jenny Craig or that P90x dude and let me know how it goes. Much love.

Nate

Whitney and Chris said...

Oh Nate dog... i'm so sorry the recovery is taking longer than expected and that your Jazz are now done for. Are you coming down this weekend? Your godson misses you! He needs another dose of the Baby Whisperer!

The Nixon Family said...

Apparently you have not been doing much resting b/c I am still waiting for "Resting time post #2..."
Give me something good to read.

John said...

Where or where as my Linley gone? Oh where oh where can she be? I miss you Linley! Guess what, Mike's putting us up at the FOUR SEASONS baby!! Come play with us everyday!! Hope you're doing well. I think about you a lot and wish we could live close by and play everyday! Love ya! Hi Nate!